Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Doctor Who from the Beginning

As I patiently wait for the DVD box set of Doctor Who: The Complete Fifth Series to be released on November 9 so I can review all of the newest episodes of the show here on the blog, I thought it might be fun to go back and revisit the very earliest Doctor Who serials from the 1960s. So, I’ve decided to embark on a rather ambitious project – discussing/reviewing all of the First Doctor (William Hartnell) stories that have been released on DVD to date, starting with An Unearthly Child. These reviews will run up until the Fifth Series DVD is released, at which point they will run concurrently with my reviews of Matt Smith’s first season.

I am setting aside time to watch An Unearthly Child this weekend, so look for my review of that very first Doctor Who story early next week.

No comments: